Monday, August 4, 2008

Blog with Purpose

I'm pretty sure this blog won't solve the worlds problems but I'm hoping that in a small way it will fill some of the needs that Alex and I feel are important. Since being married we've noticed it harder to keep up, keep in touch, and keep connected with our families. My family lives all over the United States now with only my sister and brother being local. Alex's family lives closer but with rising fuel costs and increasingly congested schedules, personal visits with all, or even most of us are becoming more rare. The internet, like text messaging, will never be a suitable substitute for personal communication, but we hope that by posting the happenings of our lives and family we will be able to better keep in touch until the times come when we can visit in a more personal way.

We intend for this site to focus primarily on what Alex and I are doing in our lives, as sort of a journal/keep in touch tool. Having said that, we can see no reason for it to not also include pictures, events, and the news of your lives. Assuming my blog skills increase and I can make it work, please make comments on what you read here, send pictures we can post, news we can publish, or links to your own family websites. It may take me some time to build in all that functionality but please have fun with it and participate with us.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

YEAH!!!!!

I am so glad that you FINALLY started a BLog. You will love it. It is so nice to be able to see what is going on in each others lives.
Meg

*Mary* said...

Hey Alex, it's Mary. How are you. How's married life? Meg told me that you finally started a blog. Welcome to the ' Blogging ' world. Take a look at ours. You can get it off of Megs. Can't wait to see more on your blog.
Take care,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex, its Amanda (Gleaves) Jolley... I got to see your wedding photos Marjean did and you are GORGEOUS! Hope all is well, you both look so happy:)